DHCP vendor deployment options configure options specific to a pre-defined vendor profile.
Vendor profiles and option definitions are created as described in DHCP vendor profiles and options, but they are not defined with any values. Values are assigned when the vendor deployment options are added.
- Options set at higher levels are inherited at child or lower levels, unless overwritten at the lower level.
- When configuring deployment options, any options set at the Server Group level will override options set at the Configuration level. Any deployment options set at the Server level will override options set at the Server Group level as well as the Configuration level.
- If you add options at the Server level that will override the options previously set at the Server Group or Configuration level, Address Manager displays options added at the Server level overriding options set at the higher object level.
- To overwrite an inherited value at a lower level, you must create a new deployment option of the same type with the modified value. Editing an inherited deployment option at the child level actually edits the option at its original level. To override an inherited option, you must create a new instance of the option at the lower level.
To add a DHCP vendor level deployment option:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the IP Space tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Under IPv4 Blocks, click an IPv4 block.
- Click the Deployment Options tab.
- Under Deployment Options, click New and select DHCP Vendor Option.
Under General, set the vendor option:
Vendor—select a vendor from the drop-down list.
Vendor Option—select a vendor option that you have already defined from the drop-down list.
Servers, select the servers or Server Group to
which the option will apply:
- All Servers—applies the deployment option to all servers in the configuration.
- Server Group—applies the deployment option to a specific server group in the configuration. Select a server group from the drop-down menu.
- Specific Server—applies the deployment option to a specific server in the configuration. Select a server from the drop-down list.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Add or Add Next to add another option.