Use DHCP service deployment options to define server configuration parameters.
Many service options are deployed using default values. For example, the default lease time option is configured as one day, the ping check option is configured as true.
All options apply to DHCP servers whereas a small subset of these options (default lease time, client updates, DDNS updates) apply to Windows DHCP servers.
- Server group
- IPv4 block
- IPv4 network
- DHCPv4 range
- DHCP reserved address
For information on the DHCPv4 service options and their parameters, refer to Reference: DHCPv4 service options.
- Options set at higher levels are inherited at child or lower levels, unless overwritten at the lower level.
- When configuring deployment options, any options set at the server group level will override options set at the configuration level. Any deployment options set at the server level will override options set at the server group level as well as the configuration level.
- If you add options at the server level that will override the options previously set at the server group or configuration level, Address Manager displays options added at the server level overriding options set at the higher object level.
- To overwrite an inherited value at a lower level, you must create a new deployment option of the same type with the modified value. Editing an inherited deployment option at the child level actually edits the option at its original level. To override an inherited option, you must create a new instance of the option at the lower level.
You must set the Server Identifier DHCP service option if serving DHCP on a service interface with multiple IP addresses. For details, refer to DHCP with multiple IP service addresses.
You must set the Server Identifier DHCP service option if serving DHCP from xHA pairs configured with VLAN interfaces. For details, refer to DHCP with VLAN and xHA.
To add a DHCP service deployment options at the configuration level:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the IP Space tab. Tabs remember the page on which you last worked, so select the tab again to ensure you're working on the Configuration Information page.
- Click the Deployment Options tab.
- Under Deployment Options, click New and select DHCP Service Option.
Under General, select the option and set its
- Option—select a DHCP deployment option. When you select an option, parameter fields for the option appear.
Servers, select the servers or Server Group to
which the option will apply:
Note: You cannot override deployment options set at the Configuration level from the Server Group level if the deployment option is applied to a specific server within a Server Group.
- All Servers—applies the deployment option to all servers in the configuration.
- Server Group—applies the deployment option to a specific server group in the configuration. Select a server group from the drop-down menu.
- Specific Server—applies the deployment option to a specific server in the configuration. Select a server from the drop-down list.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Add or Add Next to add another option.