Add a DHCPv6 client deployment option and specify the server or xHA pair.
DHCPv6 Client Deployment options can be assigned from the following levels:
- Server Group
- IPv6 block
- IPv6 network
- DHCPv6 range
Attention: Deployment option inheritance
- Options set at higher levels are inherited at child or lower levels, unless overwritten at the lower level.
- When configuring deployment options, any options set at the server group level will override options set at the configuration level. Any deployment options set at the server level will override options set at the server group level as well as the configuration level.
- If you add options at the server level that will override the options previously set at the server group or configuration level, Address Manager displays options added at the server level overriding options set at the higher object level.
- To overwrite an inherited value at a lower level, you must create a new deployment option of the same type with the modified value. Editing an inherited deployment option at the child level actually edits the option at its original level. To override an inherited option, you must create a new instance of the option at the lower level.
To add DHCPv6 client deployment options at the configuration level:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the IP Space tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Click the Deployment Options tab.
- Under Deployment Options, click New, then select DHCPv6 Client Option.
Under General, select a DHCPv6 client option from the
Option drop-down menu. Depending on the option you
choose, additional fields will appear.
- Unicast (12)—enter an IPv6 address in the IPv6 Address field.
- DNS Recursive Name Servers—enter an IPv6 address in the IPv6 Address field and click Add.
- Domain Search List (24)—enter an address in the FQDN field and click Add.
- SNTP Servers (31)—enter an IPv6 address in the IPv6 Address field and click Add. Use the Move Up, Move Down buttons to sort items in the list; addresses or domains are used in the order in which they appear in the list. To delete an item from the list, select an item and click Remove.
- Information Refresh Time (32)—enter a value in the Value (600 to 4,294,967,295) field. The refresh time value is expressed in seconds and it is set to 86400 seconds (24 hours) by default.
Servers, select the servers or Server Group to
which the option will apply:
Note: You cannot override deployment options set at the Configuration level from the Server Group level if the deployment option is applied to a specific server within a Server Group.
- All Servers—applies the deployment option to all servers in the configuration.
- Server Group—applies the deployment option to a specific server group in the configuration. Select a server group from the drop-down menu.
- Specific Server—applies the deployment option to a specific server in the configuration. Select a server from the drop-down list.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Add, or click Add Next to add another deployment option.