Having already created an HSM configuration in Address Manager, you can now add HSM servers.
To add an HSM server:
- Select the Administration tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Administration page.
- Under General, click HSM Configurations.
- Click the HSM Servers tab.
- Under HSM Servers, click New and select HSM Server.
Under HSM Server, complete the following:
- Name—enter a name for the HSM server
- IP Address—enter the IP address for the HSM
server on your networkNote: If you make an error when entering the IP address, you will receive the prompt, Invalid IP address. Ensure to enter a valid IPv4 address.
- Port—enter the port number of the HSM server (by default, 9004)
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Add, or click Add Next to add another HSM server.
- Log in to Address Manager via SSH as root.
- Run the following command:
Address Manager should return ‘connection status OK’ for each HSM server. Ensure that the number of connection status messages matches the number of HSM servers you configured in the Address Manager user interface.
If Address Manager can't connect to an HSM server(s), or if the confirmed connections are less that the number of HSM servers added to the Address Manager user interface, refer to Troubleshooting.