Add or edit an F5 BIG-IP DNS Server to an Address Manager configuration.
Before adding a BIG-IP DNS Server to Address Manager, ensure you have completed the following prerequisites:
- You must be using an F5 BIG-IP DNS Server v11.6 or later with REST API support
- The BIG-IP DNS Server must be licensed either as a standalone device or as a module on the BIG-IP system. For DNSSEC, you must also have the DNSSEC add-on license.
- The F5 BIG-IP environment should be preconfigured on the F5 management interface with listeners linked to the F5 pool.
- Users must have administrative access to both the web management and SSH command line interfaces on the F5 system.
- TCP port 443 must be open in both directions.
- TCP port 22 must be open in both direction for SSH access to the command line interface and also for configuration verification.
To add or edit an BIG-IP DNS Server:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
Under Servers, click
If editing a server, click the server name. From the Details page, click the server name menu then select Edit.
Under Server, complete the following:
- Profile—select BIG-IP DNS from the drop-down menu.
- Name—enter the name of the BIG-IP DNS server.
- Management URL—enter the complete URL of the
BIG-IP DNS Server ending with /mgmt/tm/gtm.
The URL can be an IP address or FQDN. For example,
https://gtm.example.com/mgmt/tm/gtm.Note: The Management URL will be used for RESTful API communication between Address Manager and the BIG-IP DNS Server.
- Self IP—enter the IP address on which the GTM
will receive zone transfers from the BlueCat primary DNS server.Attention: If you change the Self-IP of the BIG-IP DNS Server at a later time, you must force a full DNS deployment to the primary DNS/DHCP Server in order for the change to take effect in the F5 pool.
- User Name—enter your BIG-IP DNS user name.
- Password—enter your BIG-IP DNS password.
- Location—(Optional) select a location from the drop-down menu on which the BIG-IP DNS Server that you are adding or editing will be based.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Add or Update.