Add or edit an F5 LTM server to an Address Manager configuration.
Before adding an F5 LTM server to Address Manager, ensure you have completed the following prerequisites:
- You must be using an F5 LTM v11.6 or later with REST API support
- The F5 LTM environment should be preconfigured on the F5 management interface with Virtual Servers linked to the F5 resource pool
- Users must have administrative access to both the web management and SSH command line interfaces on the F5 system.
- TCP port 443 must be open in both directions.
- TCP port 22 must be open in both direction for SSH access to the command line interface and also for configuration verification.
To add or edit an LTM server:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
Under Servers, click
If editing a server, click the server name. From the Details page, click the server name menu then select Edit.
Under Server, complete the following:
- Profile—select Local Traffic Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Name—enter the name of the LTM server.
- Management URL—enter the complete URL of the LTM server ending with /mgmt/tm/ltm.
The URL can be an IP address or FQDN. For example,
https://ltm.example.com/mgmt/tm/ltm.Note: The Management URL will be used for RESTful API communication between Address Manager and the BIG-IP DNS Server.
- User Name—enter your LTM server user name.
- Password—enter your LTM server password.
- Location—(Optional) select a location from the drop-down menu on which the LTM server that you are adding or editing will be based.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Add or Update.