Add or edit a PCS server to an Address Manager configuration.
A configuration can have only one PCS server. PCS servers cannot be used in an xHA pair.
To add or edit a PCS server:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
Under Servers, click
If editing a server, click the server name. From the Details page, click the server name menu then select Edit.
Under Server, complete the following:
- Profile—select BlueCat External DNS Hosted Services (PCS) from the drop-down menu.
- Name—enter a name for the server. This name is used only in the Address Manager interface and is not associated with deployed DNS data.
- Hosting Server API URL—enter the Application Programming Interface (API) URL for the hosting service.
- User Name—enter your hosting service user name.
- Account—enter your hosting service account name or number.
- Select Connect to server to connect to the server when you save the server profile. Deselect this check box if you do not want to connect to the server at this time.
- Password—enter your hosting service password.
- Click Verify Hosting Server Connection. to test your connection to the server. The Verify Server Connection dialog box opens and displays the results of the connection test. Click the Close button to close the dialog box.
- Location—(Optional) select a location from the drop-down menu on which the server object that you are adding or editing will be based. The most often used location objects will be shown at the top of the list followed by all other lists in alphabetical order.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Add or Update.