Add a VLAN interface and configure it with an IPv4 address. You must also set a VLAN ID and a parent interface (either eth0 or bond0). Once configured, you can add multiple VLAN interfaces from the Address Manager user interface.
To add a VLAN interface:
- From Main Session mode, type configure interfaces and press ENTER.
Type add vlan-interface vlan-id <VLAN-ID> parent
<eth0|bond0> and press ENTER.
Adonis> configure interfaces Adonis:configure:interfaces> add vlan-interface vlan-id 1 parent eth0 Adonis:configure:interface:eth0.1>The VLAN interface is immediately added and the prompt changes to show you are now configuring the VLAN interface (for example, eth0.1).
OPTIONAL: Type set primary <ipv4|ipv6address>
and press ENTER.
- Press Spacebar or Tab to view a list of available addresses.
- This designates the IPv4 or IPv6 address configured on the services interface of the appliance or VM as the lead interface tagged for VLANs.
- There can be one primary IPv4 address and one primary IPv6 address.
- OPTIONAL: Type set active <on|off> and press ENTER to enable or disable the VLAN interface.
- Type save and press ENTER. The Administration Console saves your settings.
- Type exit and press ENTER until you return to Main Session mode.
- Type show interfaces and press ENTER to verify that the VLAN interface has been added.
Adonis> configure interfaces Adonis:configure:interfaces> add vlan-interface vlan-id 1 parent eth0 Adonis:configure:interface:eth0.1> save
Currently, a known issue exists whereby DHCP service will not listen on any newly added VLAN interfaces. As a workaround, you must manually restart DHCP service from the Address Manager user interface. For details, refer to Start/Stop/Restart DHCP Service.
For more information on this issue, refer to article 15300 on BlueCat Customer Care.