Add a VLAN interface and configure it with an IPv4 address. You must also set a VLAN ID and a parent interface (either eth0 or bond0). Once configured, you can add multiple VLAN interfaces from the Address Manager user interface.
To add a VLAN interface:
- From Main Session mode, type configure interfaces and press ENTER.
Type add vlan-interface vlan-id <VLAN-ID> parent
<eth0|bond0> and press ENTER.
Adonis> configure interfaces Adonis:configure:interfaces> add vlan-interface vlan-id 1 parent eth0 Adonis:configure:interface:eth0.1>The VLAN interface is immediately added and the prompt changes to show you are now configuring the VLAN interface (for example, eth0.1).
OPTIONAL: Type set primary <ipv4|ipv6address>
and press ENTER.
- Press Spacebar or Tab to view a list of available addresses.
- This designates the IPv4 or IPv6 address configured on the services interface of the appliance or VM as the lead interface tagged for VLANs.
- There can be one primary IPv4 address and one primary IPv6 address.
- OPTIONAL: Type set active <on|off> and press ENTER to enable or disable the VLAN interface.
- Type save and press ENTER. The Administration Console saves your settings.
- Type exit and press ENTER until you return to Main Session mode.
- Type show interfaces and press ENTER to verify that the VLAN interface has been added.
Adonis> configure interfaces Adonis:configure:interfaces> add vlan-interface vlan-id 1 parent eth0 Adonis:configure:interface:eth0.1> save
Currently, a known issue exists whereby DHCP service won't listen on any newly added VLAN interfaces. As a workaround, you must manually restart DHCP service from the Address Manager user interface. For details, refer to Starting, stopping, and restarting DHCP service.
For more information on this issue, refer to article 15300 on BlueCat Customer Care.