In Address Manager, one of the properties of a server object is the server interface. A server interface includes the server’s Fully Qualified domain name and its IP address.
- Network—the default network interface that represents the physical interface on the server.
- Published—an interface used to associate addresses that may be on the other side of a Network Address Translation (NAT) gateway or firewall.
DNS and DHCP deployment roles are assigned to a server interface rather than to the server object itself. If you need to publish a DNS server’s host or glue record that uses a different IP address from its network interface, you must add a published interface and assign the deployment role to this interface.
Published Server Interfaces with NAT and Dedicated Management disabled
Previously, with Dedicated Management disabled and NAT present between Address Manager and DNS/DHCP Server, the Published Server interface couldn't be configured with the same IPv4 address as the eth0 interface (which is providing services and management). Now, Address Manager can create and manage a Published Server Interface configured with an IPv4 address that's identical to the IPv4 address of the eth0 interface.
If you assign DHCP deployment roles to the Published Server Interface, the IP address of the Published Server Interface will be used as the failover peer.
To add or edit a published server interface:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Under Servers, click a server name. The Details tab for the server opens.
- Under Interfaces, click New.
Under Interface, set the following server interface
- Type—indicates the function of the server interface. Published is the only option available.
- Hostname—type the fully qualified domain name for the server
- IPv4 Address—type the IPv4 address for the published interface.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Add or Update.