The following section outlines the steps to add a user-defined link type.
To add a user-defined link type:
Select the Administration tab. Tabs remember the page
you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the
Under Data Management, click User Defined
Click the New icon above the User-Defined
Link Types table.
Under General, set the following parameters:
- Link Type—enter a unique name for the
user-defined link type.
- You cannot enter a Link Type that is a reserved link type
name. For a list of reserved link type names, refer to Reference: Reserved link
- You cannot enter a Link Type that begins with the prefix
- The Link Type field is not case-sensitive.
- You cannot edit the Link Type value.
For more UDL name best practices, see Best practices for UDF and UDL names
- Link Type Name—enter the name for the
user-defined link type that will be displayed in the Address Manager
- Description (optional)—enter the description for
the user-defined link type.
Under Object Types, set the following parameters:
- Source Entity Types—select the source entity
types from the drop-down menu. Click Add.
- Destination Entity Types—select the corresponding
destination entity types from the drop-down menu. Click
Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
Once you have added a user-defined link type, you will be
redirected to the User-Defined Link Types
page, where you can
view the details in tabular form. Click to expand the arrow (>
) icons under
or Destination Type
display multiple source or destination entity types.