Use external hosts to link resource records on hosts that aren't managed by Address Manager.
External Hosts are hosts outside of your managed network. Use external hosts to link resource records on hosts that aren't managed by Address Manager. If a view contains references to entities completely outside of the IP space managed by Address Manager, they're defined here. External hosts aren't deployed to your managed servers.
Note: External hosts can be created at the configuration level and DNS view level. If you are creating an external host at the configuration level, that external host can only be used to link a CNAME record in the configuration-specific DNS zone template. You need to create a separate external host in the DNS view in order to link a CNAME record in the view-specific DNS zone template.
To add an external host:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the DNS tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Under DNS Views, click a DNS view.
- Click the External Hosts tab.
- Under External Hosts, click New.
- Under General, enter the fully qualified domain name for the external host in the Name field.
- Under Optional, enter comments to describe the external host in the Comments field.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Add or click Add Next.