To add or edit users:
- Select the Administration tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Administration page.
- Under User Management, click Users and Groups.
- To add a new user, under Users, click New. To edit a user, click the username.
- Under User, enter the name of the user in the Username field.
Under Authentication, type and confirm the user’s Address Manager password in the
Password and Confirm Password
This password is used by the Address Manager authentication service when no other authenticator is selected, or when the Address Manager authentication service is selected as the secondary authenticator.Note: If the password policy is enabled and configured, the rules that you need to follow appear as a hint. For more information about setting the password rules, refer to Managing Address Manager user security.
If you have defined authenticators, an Other check box
and a drop-down list appear. To select an external authenticator, click
Other and select an authenticator from the
If an external authenticator is used, the name in the Username field must match the username on the remote authentication system.
- Under Extra Information, enter the user’s e-mail address (required) and phone number.
Under User Access, define the user type, security and
history privileges, and access type:
- Administrator—select the check box to grant the user administrative access rights. Administrator users have unlimited access to all Address Manager functions. For more information, refer to User types and access types.
- Security Privilege—select a security privilege type from the drop-down list. This field is available only for Non-Administrator users with GUI, API, or GUI and API access. For more information, refer to Security and history privileges.
- History Privilege—select a history privilege type from the drop-down list. This field is available only for Non-Administrator users with GUI or GUI and API access. For more information, refer to Security and history privileges.
- Access Type—select the type of access, either GUI or API. GUI (Graphical User Interface) users can access Address Manager only through the Address Manager web interface. API (Application Programming Interface) users can access Address Manager only through the API. GUI and API users can access Address Manager either through the Address Manager web interface or the API. For more information, refer to User types and access types.
- X.509 Required—select the check box to force the user to access Address Manager using X.509 authentication only. If deselected, the user can log in to Address Manager both using username and password credential and X.509 authentication.
- Reset Password (On Next Login)—select the check box if you require the user to change their password on the next login.
- Under Assign to Group, you can assign the user to one or more user groups. In the text field, type the name of a user group. As you type, a list of user groups matching your text appears. Select a name from the list and click Add.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Add or Update to return to the Users and Groups page, or click Add Next to add another user.