The Allow Zone Transfer deployment option can be set at the following levels:
- Server Group
- IP block
- IP network
To configure the Allow Zone Transfers option:
- Navigate to the configuration, IP block, IP network, view, or zone in which you want to allow Zone Transfers.
- Select the Deployment Options tab.
- Under Deployment Options, click New and select DNS Option.
Under General, select Allow Zone
Transfer from the Option drop-down menu.
The following three parameters will be populated:
- IP Address or name—allows zone transfer based on IPv4 or IPv6 blocks or individual IP addresses. Name presents legacy support for named ACLs before full support for ACL was added.
- Key—allows zone transfer based on a TSIG key.
- ACL—allows zone transfer to configured ACLs. Note: When Key or ACL is selected, the Exclusion check box will appear. Select the Exclusion check box to add an exclusion to a DNS ACL or TSIG key.
Servers, select the servers to which the option
Note: The Allow Zone Transfers deployment option should be set on the Primary.
- All Servers—applies the deployment option to all servers in the configuration.
- Server Group—applies the deployment option to a specific server group in the configuration. Select a server group from the drop-down menu.
- Specific Server—applies the deployment option to a specific server in the configuration. Select a server from the drop-down menu.
- Click Add, or click Add Next to add another deployment option.