If you require a dynamic routing protocol for a large-scale network, you can use Anycast with OSPF for routing IP packets within a single autonomous system. The Quagga daemon in Address Manager will configure advanced OSPF parameters.
To configure Anycast using OSPF on a DNS/DHCP Server:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Under Servers, click a server name. The Details tab for the server opens.
- Click the server name menu and select Service Configuration.
- From the Service Type drop-down menu, select Anycast.
Under General Settings, set the following
- Enable Anycast Service—select this check box to enable Anycast service; deselect this check box to disable Anycast service.
- Protocol—select OSPF. Different fields become available depending on the type of protocol that you select.
- IPv4 Anycast
Address—enter a new IPv4 address (without netmask)
and click Add. The IPv4 address appears in
the list.Attention: Anycast OSPF on DNS/DHCP Server doesn't support IPv6 addresses.
- Add additional IPv4 addresses as needed.Note: IPv4 addresses must be unique.
- To delete an IPv4 address, select the address and click Remove.
- Add additional IPv4 addresses as needed.
Set the optional authentication parameters:
- Authenticate—select this option to enable authentication. When selected, the Password field becomes available.
- Password—enter a password for authentication.
- Dead Interval—set the length of time (in seconds) that the peer/neighbor router will maintain a route to the primary router in the absence of hello messages.
- Hello Interval—set the length of time (in seconds) that the primary router contacts its peer/neighbor to indicate it's still active.
- Area Id—enter the value of the OSPF area as either a 32-bit unsigned integer, or a 32-bit dotted decimal. For example, 1, 0.0.0.1 (default), or 192.168.1.1.
- Stub—select this check box to specify use of an OSPF subnet.
- Click Update.