After making changes to a network template, you can update the networks that use the template. You can update each network individually, or you can update all networks at once.
Changes made to the template may conflict with address assignments and deployment options set on the network. Address Manager provides several options for handling such conflicts, allowing you to apply or not apply the changes from the template.
To apply the updated IPv4 network template for an individual network:
- Select the IP Space tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Under IPv4 Blocks, navigate to an IPv4 network and click the network.
- Click the menu beside the network name and select Update Template.
Under Reapply Options, determine how to reapply the
Gateway, Reserved Addresses, Reserved DHCP Ranges, and Deployment Options:
- Gateway—select Update (address must be unallocated) to apply the template setting for the gateway address to the network. The intended address must be unallocated. If you don't want to apply the template setting for the gateway, select Don’t update.
- Reserved Addresses—select Overwrite to apply reserved address ranges set in the template. Static and DHCP reserved addresses that have been manually set on the network within the template ranges are not overwritten. If you don't want to apply the template settings for reserved addresses, select Don’t update.
- Reserved DHCP Ranges—select Overwrite to
apply DHCP reserved address ranges set in the template. If there are
Static or DHCP reserved addresses that have been manually set on the
network within the templates ranges, the template is not applied and a
warning message describes the conflict. If you don't want to apply the
template settings for reserved DHCP addresses, select Don’t
update.Note: The Don’t update option only applies to ranges created by the template and that currently exist in the network. If you make changes to the template and select Don’t update for reserved DHCP addresses, the existing DHCP range is not updated. However, if you delete the DHCP range created by the template from the network, reapplying the template re-creates the DHCP range, even if Don’t update is selected for reserved DHCP ranges.
- IP Groups—select Overwrite to update the IP groups added from the previous template application and to add any new IP groups defined in the updated template. Select Don’t update to only add the new IP group settings defined in the updated template. Overlap between new template groups and existing groups is not allowed.
- Options—select Overwrite to apply deployment options set in the template. If a deployment option set in the template has been manually set on the network, the template is not applied and a warning message appears describing the conflict. If a deployment option previously applied by the template has been manually edited on the network, the template is not applied and a warning message appears describing the conflict. To remove the conflict, delete the conflicting deployment option from either the template or the network. If you don't want to apply the template settings for deployment options, select Don’t update.
- Click Yes.