How to assign DHCP custom options.
You can assign a DHCP custom option at any level where a native DHCP client deployment option can be assigned.
Note: During deployment, Address Manager ignores custom options that are not supported in Windows.
To assign a DHCP custom option:
- Select the My IPAM tab. From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the level at which you wish to assign the option.
- Click the Deployment Options tab.
- Under Deployment Options, click New, then select DHCP Client Option. The Add DHCP Client Deployment Option page opens.
Under General, select the option and set its
- Option—select the DHCP custom option from the list. After you select an option, parameters fields for the option appear. Type information in the fields to define the option.
Under Servers, select the servers to which the option
- To apply the option to all servers in the configuration select
All Servers.Attention: Server Groups only support BlueCat DNS/DHCP Servers.
- To apply the option to a specific server select Specific Server, and then select a server from the drop-down menu.
- To apply the option to all servers in the configuration select All Servers.
- Under Change Control, add comments to describe the changes. By default, this step is optional but might be set as a requirement.
Click Add to add the custom option and return to the
Deployment Options tab.
Note: You can add DHCP custom options in other places including network and DHCP reserved addresses.