Annotate multiple objects with a location from the table view page.
IP blocks, networks, addresses and server objects can be annotated with locations. You can add annotations when adding or editing the object. You can also annotate multiple objects with the same location object at once.
- Navigate to the objects' table view page.
- Select one or more objects in the table view page.
- Click Action and select Assign Location.
Under Location, select a location from the drop-down
menu or enter the name of a location with which the selected objects will be
annotated. When typing the location name, the list of location objects
containing the name will be filtered and displayed for you to choose. The most
often used location objects will be shown at the top of the list followed by all
other lists in alphabetical order.
Note: If you want to remove the location annotation, delete the location in the drop-down menu and click Apply.Note: If selecting multiple IP objects, the location drop-down menu appears empty. Leave the drop-down menu empty and click Apply to remove the assigned location object.
- Inherited Location—displays the location annotation that is inherited from the parent object. If you don't specify a location from the drop-down menu, this default location will be used for the current object and its child objects.
- Under Objects to Annotate, review the objects to be annotated. Click the name of the object in the list to view the details. Inherited or previously assigned location objects are displayed along with objects that you are annotating so you'll know the location objects that you are going to override
- Click Apply.