Breaking replication removes database replication from servers and returns them to stand-alone operation. Each server then uses its replicated copy of the database.
- You must be an Address Manager administrator to break database replication.
- When you break or remove database replication, Address Manager restarts the Primary and Standby servers. All servers will be unavailable for a few minutes while they restart.
If the Primary server is not online, use the reset replication Administration Console command on the Standby server or servers. For more information, refer to Resetting database replication.
To break database replication:
- Select the Administration tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Administration page.
- Under Database Management, click Database Management. The Database Management page opens.
- Click Database Replication. The Database Replication page opens.
- Click the Database Replication menu and select Break. The Database Replication Remove Confirmation page opens.
- Click Confirm. The Response page opens. The Address Manager user interface is unavailable for a few minutes while the server restarts.
- After the server restarts, log in to the Address Manager user interface.