How to change a Managed Windows server from Read-Only mode to Read-Write mode.
To change a Managed Windows server to Read-Write mode:
- Select the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the Servers tab again to ensure you are working with the Configuration information page.
- Under Server, click a Managed Windows server. The server’s Details tab opens.
- Click the server name, and then select Edit. The Edit Server page opens.
- Under Server, deselect the Read-Only mode enabled check box.
- Under Change Control, add comments to describe your changes. By default, this step is optional but might be set as a requirement.
- Click Update. The Windows server is now in Read-Write mode.
Note: You must deploy DNS and/or DHCP services to Managed Windows servers after changing them to Read-Write mode. Deployment informs the DDW that Address Manager is managing dynamic data. An error message will appear in Address Manager if you try to manage (modify or delete) any dynamic resource records in Address Manager without first deploying to the Managed Windows servers.Note: Do not use the Microsoft Management Console to modify a Managed Windows server in Read/Write mode.
Using the MMC to modify a Managed Windows server already in Read/Write mode may result in a loss of data. After a Managed Windows server has been switched to Read/Write mode, you must make changes to the server from the Address Manager user interface.