The following abandoned IPv4 address state changes are permitted:
Note: To enable the change in state on DNS/DHCP Server, you must perform a deployment after changing the state in Address Manager.
|Initial State||Target State||Permitted|
|Abandoned IP address||Static||Yes|
|Abandoned IP address||Reserved||Yes|
|Abandoned IP address||DHCP Reserved||Yes|
|Abandoned IP address||DHCP Allocated||No|
- Select the IP Space tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Under IPv4 Blocks, select the network containing the address that you want to edit.
- Under Active IP Addresses, select the check box for the IP address.
- Click the address name, then select Change IP State.
- In the Target State drop-down, select a target state.
- In the MAC address field, enter the MAC address in the format nnnnnnnnnnnn, nn-nn-nn-nn-nn-nn, or nn:nn:nn:nn:nn:nn, where nn is a hexadecimal value from 00 to FF.
- Click Update.