How to enable dynamic updates from Windows DHCP servers.
On a Windows server, you can configure DDNS settings at the DHCP server (or IPv4 node in Windows 2008 or greater) scope, or reservation levels. Address Manager imports DDNS settings at several levels:
- Settings configured at the server level are imported at the server level.
- Settings configured at the scope level are imported at the network level.
- Settings configured at the reservation level are imported at the DHCP reserved IP address level.
To enable dynamic updates from a Windows DHCP server:
- Navigate to the level at which you want to set the option. You can set this option at either the configuration or server levels.
- Click the Deployment Options tab.
- Click New, then select DHCP Service Option. The Add DHCP Service Deployment Option page opens.
- From the Option drop-down menu, select DDNS Updates.
- Select the Enabled check box.
Under Servers, determine the servers to which this
- To apply the option to all servers in the configuration select
All Servers.Attention: Server Groups only support BlueCat DNS/DHCP Servers.
- To apply the option to a specific server select Specific Server, then select a server from the drop-down menu.
- To apply the option to all servers in the configuration select All Servers.
- Click Add.