This task describes how to create a DHCP vendor profile.
In Address Manager you configure vendor profiles from the Administration page. Any profiles that you import or create are considered to be global in Address Manager and you can use them in any Address Manager configuration. This also means that vendor profile definitions are deployed to any Managed Windows DHCP server.
To create a DHCP vendor profile:
- Select the My IPAM tab. From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the Administration tab.
- Under Data Management, click DHCP Server Settings. The DHCP Server Settings page opens.
- Click Vendor Profiles. The DHCP Vendor Profiles page opens.
- Under Vendor Profiles, click New.The Add DHCP Vendor Profile page opens.
Under General, complete the following:
- Identifier—enter the device’s vendor identifier.
- Name—enter a name for the vendor profile. This name is a user-friendly identifier and does not provide any DHCP functionality.
- Description—enter a description of the vendor profile
- Under Change Control, add comments to describe your changes. By default, this step is optional but might be set as a requirement.
- Click Add.