Use DNS forwarding when you want a server to forward all queries for which it is not authoritative to one or more other DNS servers. The forwarding option accepts IP addresses as its values.
To define a Forwarding DNS deployment option:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Click the DNS tab or the IP Space tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so click the DNS tab or IP Space tab again to ensure you are working with the Configuration information page.
- Navigate to the level at which you want to define the option, then click the Deployment Options tab.
- In the Deployment Options section click New, and then select DNS Option. The Add DNS Deployment Option page appears.
- From the Option list, select Forwarding.
- If needed, select the Disable Forwarding for Child Zones check box.
- In the Address field, enter the IP address of the DNS server for forwarding queries, then click Add. The address is added to the list. Repeat this step to add more addresses to the list.
To adjust the position of an address in the list, select the address, then
click the Move Up and Move Down
buttons to move the address up or down in the list
Click and drag the address in the list.
To remove an address from the list, select the address, then click Remove.
- Click Add to add the option and return to the Deployment Options tab.