How to enable Notify deployment options.
- Notify Additional Servers deployment
Both options are imported at the zone level. The following table represents the different examples of the way in which the Notify setting is configured in Windows and the way in which it is imported into Address Manager.
|Windows: Automatically Notify setting||Address Manager: Notify deployment option||Address Manager: Notify Additional Servers deployment option|
|Check box clear||False||not applicable|
|Check box selected—Only to servers listed on the Name Servers tab (no additional severs listed in tab)||False||not applicable|
|Check box selected—Only to servers listed on the Name Servers tab (additional servers listed in tab)||True||IP addresses of servers from Name Servers tab|
|Check box selected—The following servers||True||Specified IP addresses|
- Server GroupAttention: Server Groups only support BlueCat DNS/DHCP Servers.
- IP block
- IP network
When you deploy a zone that has been assigned a primary deployment role and at least one secondary deployment role, the Notify setting is automatically set to Automatically Notify servers listed on the Name Servers tab. In this case, Address Manager uses the deployment roles to determine these settings and does not require you to manually configure the Notify and Notify Additional Servers options.
To enable the Notify option:
- Navigate to the configuration, IP block, IP network, view, or zone in which you want to enable the Notify option.
- Click the Deployment Options tab.
- Click New, then select DNS Option.
- From the Option drop-down menu, select Notify.
- Select the Explicit radio button to notify name servers listed in the Notify Additional Servers deployment option.
Under Server, determine the servers to which this option
- To apply the option to all servers in the configuration select
All Servers.Attention: Server Groups only support BlueCat DNS/DHCP Servers.
- To apply the option to a specific server, select Specific Server, then select a server from the drop-down menu.
- To apply the option to all servers in the configuration select All Servers.
- Click Add to add the option and return to the Deployment Options tab, or click Add Next to add another deployment option.