Use Configure Interfaces mode to add or remove VLAN interfaces or bonding interfaces.
- Prior to configuring VLAN tagging, make sure you have already configured the desired Service interface (by default, eth0) with an IPv4 address, netmask, and default gateway.
- DNS/DHCP Servers currently managed by Address Manager must be removed from Address Manager control prior to configuring VLAN interfaces from the Administration Console.
- Configuring Dedicated Management with VLAN tagging
- Changing the Primary Service IP from one address to another
- Configuring default gateways in both IPv4 and IPv6 address-families
- Configuring static routes in both IPv4 and IPv6 address-families
- Reset factory defaults on physical interfaces
- Reset gateway/routing configuration to factory defaults
- Replacing a Server
You can view the status of VLAN tagging, including the IPv4 address of the Primary IP. Use show interfaces from Main Session mode. The Administration Console displays the details of the configured physical interfaces, VLAN interfaces, and bonding interfaces, including any configured additional IP addresses (either on the physical or virtual interfaces).
Adonis> show interfaces eth0: IPv4 Addresses 192.0.2.10/24 192.0.2.100/24 (Primary) Active = on eth0.1: Active = on eth1: Active = off eth2: IPv4 Addresses 192.0.2.200/24 (Management) Active = on eth3 Active = off Dedicated Management = Enabled Management Interface = eth2 Service Interface = eth0
- add—add a VLAN interface.
- Exit—exit from Interfaces Configuration mode.
- Help—display help information.
- History—display the current session’s command line history.
- Modify—edit interface parameters.
- Remove—delete a specific VLAN/bonding interface.
- Set—set the system settings.
- Show—view interface details.