How to assign DHCP client options to Managed Windows servers.
You can assign DHCP client options at several levels within Address Manager:
- Configuration—options assigned at this level are inherited by all
child objects including new servers, networks, and DHCP
reservations.Note: DHCP options set at Configuration level override those set at the server level. If you add the same option at the server level it is ignored.
- Server Group—options assigned at this level are deployed to DNS/DHCP
Servers that are part of the Server Group.Attention: Server Groups only support BlueCat DNS/DHCP Servers. You cannot add Managed Windows servers to Server Groups.
- Server—options assigned at this level are deployed to Managed Windows servers as server-level options, and inherited by scopes.
- IP Block—options assigned at this level are inherited by all child networks in Address Manager and are deployed to Managed Windows servers as scope-level options.
- IP Network—options assigned at this level are deployed to Managed Windows servers as scope-level options.
- DHCP Reserved—options assigned at this level are deployed to Managed Windows servers as Reservation-level options.
- DHCP Range—options assigned at this level are not deployed to a Managed Windows DHCP server. This is because you cannot assign options to DHCP pools in Windows.
For more information on DHCP options in Address Manager, refer to DHCPv4 deployment options.
To create a DHCP client deployment option:
- Select the My IPAM tab. From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the IP Space tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the IP Space tab again to ensure you are working with the Configuration information page.
- Click the Deployment Options tab.
- Under Deployment Options, click New, then select DHCP Client Option. The Add DHCP Client Deployment Option page appears.
Under General, select the option and
set its parameters:
- Option—select a DHCP client deployment option. When you select an option, parameter fields for the option appear.
Under Servers, select the servers to which the option
- All Servers—applies the deployment option to all servers in the configuration.
- Server Group—applies the deployment option to a
specific server group in the configuration. Select a server group from
the drop-down menu.Attention: Server Groups only support BlueCat DNS/DHCP Servers.
- Specific Server—applies the deployment option to a specific server in the configuration. Select a server from the drop-down list.
- Under Change Control, add comments to describe your changes. By default, this step is optional but might be set as a requirement.
- Click Add to add the option and return to the Deployment Options tab, or click Add Next to add another client deployment option.