How to create Windows DHCP exclusions.
You can configure and deploy exclusions in one of two ways:
- By creating exclusions when you edit or resize a DHCP range.
- Static or Reserved IP addresses are also deployed as exclusions automatically for addresses that are configured statically or as reserved provided you select the Split around Static or Reserved addresses.
To create a DHCP exclusion range:
- Click the IP network that contains the DHCP range you want to edit.
- Select the DHCP Ranges tab.
- Select the DHCP Range. The IPv4 DHCP Range page opens.
- Select the DHCP Range, then select Edit from the menu.
- Within the DHCP Exclusion Range section of the page, enter the start address and the end address of the range you want to exclude in the Start and End text entry fields.
- To exclude a single address, enter the same address in the Start and End text entry fields.
- Click Update.