How to add loopback addresses.
To configure loopback addresses:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Under Servers, click the name of a DNS/DHCP Server or xHA pair. The Details tab for the server opens.
- Click the server or xHA pair name menu button and select Service Configuration.
- Under the Interface column, choose the loopback (lo) interface then navigate across the row to the Action column and click Edit.
Complete the following:
- In the Description field, enter a name for the new loopback address. You can enter up to 80 alphanumeric characters including spaces, but excluding special characters.
- In the Address/CIDR field, enter an IPv4 or IPv6 address and netmask using CIDR notation. For example, 192.0.2.100/24 or 2001:db8::AC10:FE02/64. This will be the IP address assigned to the newly created VLAN interface. If no CIDR netmask is added, /32 will be automatically added for IPv4 addresses; /128 for IPv6 addresses.
- Click Add Address. The loopback address appears in the Addresses list. Add additional loopback addresses as needed. To delete an address, select a loopback address from the Addresses list and click Remove.
- Click OK. The Edit Interfaces pop-up window closes.
- Under Addresses, expand to view the newly added loopback address.