Address Manager v9.5.0 introduces a new firewall for Address Manager. The new Address Manager firewall increases resilience by adding additional firewall capabilities that were previously only available for DNS/DHCP Server appliances. This section describes configuration of the firewall through the Address Manager user interface. The firewall can also be configured through the Administration Console, refer to Address Manager firewall for more information.
To configure the Address Manager firewall through the user interface:
- Select the Administration tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Administration page.
- Under General, click Service Configuration.
- From the Service Type drop-down menu, select Firewall.
- Under General Settings, set the following
- Enable Firewall Service—select this check box to enable the firewall; deselect this check box to disable the firewall.
- Allow Ping—applicable when firewall service is enabled (ping cannot be blocked if firewall service is disabled). Select this checkbox to allow the Address Manager server to be pinged; deselect this checkbox to block pings.