BIND zones and Windows standard zones use the zone transfer mechanism. By default, zones stored in Active Directory do not use zone transfers unless there is a need to transfer zone data to a DNS server that is not a domain controller.
|Windows: Zone Transfers setting||Address Manager: Allow Zone Transfers deployment options|
|Check box clear||None|
|Check box selected—Only to servers listed on the Name Servers tab (no additional severs listed in tab)||None|
|Check box selected—Only to servers listed on the Name Servers tab (additional servers listed in tab)||IP addresses of servers from the Name Servers tab|
|Check box selected—To Any Server||Any|
|Check box selected—Only to the following servers||Specified IP addresses|
- Server GroupAttention: Server Groups only support BlueCat DNS/DHCP Servers.
- IP block
- IP network
To configure the Allow Zone Transfers option:
- Navigate to the configuration, IP block, IP network, view, or zone in which you want to allow Zone Transfers.
- Select the Deployment Options tab.
- Click New, then select DNS Option.
Under General, select Allow Zone Transfer from the
Option drop-down menu. The following three parameters
will be populated:
Note: When Key or ACL is selected, the Exclusion check box will appear. Select the Exclusion check box to add an exclusion to a DNS ACL or TSIG key.
- IP Address or name—allows zone transfer based on IPv4 or IPv6 blocks or individual IP addresses. Name presents legacy support for named ACLs before full support for ACL was added.
- Key—allows zone transfer based on a TSIG key.
- ACL—allows zone transfer to configured ACLs.
Under Server, determine the servers to which this option
Note: The Allow Zone Transfers deployment option should be set on the primary.
- To apply the option to all servers in the configuration select
All Servers.Attention: Server Groups only support BlueCat DNS/DHCP Servers.
- To apply the option to a specific server select Specific Server, then select a server from the drop-down menu.
- To apply the option to all servers in the configuration select All Servers.
- Click Add to add the option and return to the Deployment Options tab, or click Add Next to add another deployment option.