This section describes how to configure the xHA Backbone Connection on the xHA interface (eth1) of a DNS/DHCP Server appliance. Refer to this section if you did not configure the xHA backbone when initially adding your DNS/DHCP Server to Address Manager or when creating an xHA pair.
This section is also intended for customers who were running a DNS/DHCP Server with software version 6.1 or earlier and have recently updated to the latest version and need to set the xHA Backbone Connection for their xHA pairs.
You need to perform the procedure for both Active and Passive nodes in the xHA pair.
To set the xHA Backbone Connection:
- Log in to the DNS/DHCP Server Administration Console as the administrator. For more information on default login credential, refer to BlueCat default login credentials (you must be authenticated to view this topic).
- From Main Session mode, type configure interfaces and press ENTER.
- Type modify eth1 and press ENTER.
- Type set address <ipv4address/netmask> and press ENTER.
- Type save and press ENTER. The Administration Console saves your settings.
- Type exit and press ENTER until you return to Main Session mode.
- Return to the Address Manager user interface and edit the xHA pair, making sure to enter the same IPv4 addresses and netmasks you set on the DNS/DHCP Servers. For complete details, refer to Editing an xHA pair.