How to connect to DDW servers.
If you added a DDW server to Address Manager but chose not to connect upon initial configuration, use the Connect function to have Address Manager manage the DDW server.
To connect to a DDW server:
- Select the My IPAM tab. From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the Servers tab again to ensure you are working with the Configuration information page.
- Under Servers, click the name of a DDW server that is not managed by Address Manager. The Details tab for the server opens.
- Click the server name and select Connect. The Connect Server page opens.
Under Server, confirm the Management Interface IP
address, hostname, and password.
- Name—enter a name for the server. This name is used only in the Address Manager user interface and is not associated with deployed DNS data.
- IPv4 Address—the IPv4 address assigned to the server.
- Hostname—the hostname used for the server on the network.
- Password—enter the server password (by default, bluecat).
- Under Change Control, add comments to describe your changes. By default, this step is optional but might be set as a requirement.
- Click Connect.