After creating the /127 network, you can create two IPv6 addresses within the /127 network: 0-bit and 1-bit. Unlike other IPv6 networks, there is no auto-generated Network Router Anycast address. You need to add 0-bit and 1-bit addresses manually.
To add IPv6 addresses in a /127 network:
- Select the IP Space tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Click the IPv6 tab. In the IPv6 Blocks section, select the network in which you want to add the address.
- Click New and select IPv6 Address.
- Under Interface ID Information, specify the IPv6 address that you are adding in the IPv6 Address field. In the /127 network, you can only add a 0-bit address and 1-bit address. After adding these addresses, you need to manually assign them to the routers that you are linking together. For more information on how to assign IPv6 addresses, refer to Assigning IPv6 addresses.
- Under Address Information, enter a name for the address in the Address Name field.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Add.