The first step in managing a Windows server in Address Manager is to create a DDW server.
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 must be installed and enabled as a Windows feature on servers running Windows Server 2012 R2 prior to installing BlueCat Address Manager for Windows Server (DDW) v8.1.0 or greater.
Installing DDW software
DDW User Account
Installing the DDW software on a Windows server creates and starts a Windows service called the Proteus DNS and DHCP Manager Service (Proteus DDW service). This service must run as a user account. If you create a user account for the service, you must grant the account the Log on as a service user right to the local machine, or you can use the Local System account. The user account can be a Domain or local user account, depending on whether the server is a member of a domain.
- Clear User must change password at next login.
- Select User cannot change password , and Password never expires.
- Clear Account is disabled.
To install the DDW server software:
- Launch ddw_setup_8.2.0-xxx.GA.exe. The Proteus DNS and DHCP Manager dialog box opens.
- Click Next. The License Agreement page opens.
- Read the license agreement, then select I accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next. The Proteus Connection Password page opens.
In the Password field, enter a password. In the
Confirm password field, re-enter the password
and click Next. The Proteus DNS and DHCP Manager
Service Logon Account page opens.
Note: You must specify a password to be used when you add DDW servers and Windows servers to Address Manager. The password can contain any alphanumeric characters and can be of any length.
- In the User name field, enter the name of a user account. Use the format domainname\username if the user account is a member of a Windows domain, or computername\username if the computer is not a domain member. You must specify a user account that can log on as a service. In the Password field, enter the DDW user password.
- Click Next.The Choose Destination Location page opens.
- Select an installation location: click Next to use the default (C:\...\BlueCat Networks\Proteus DDW) or click Change to select a custom installation location. The Configure Firewall page opens.
Select Let Setup modify the Windows Firewall
configuration to automatically open the ports. To leave the
ports closed, select Do not make any changes. I'll do it manually
after installation. However, you must then open the ports
manually after completing the installation. Click Next.
The Ready to Install the Program page opens.
Note: TCP port 10042 (command server from Address Manager to DDW) and TCP/UDP port 10045 (notifications from DDW to Address Manager) must be open on the Windows server for DDW to communicate with Address Manager.
Click Install. The Setup Status
page opens while the DDW server software installs. When installation is
complete, the InstallShield Wizard Complete page
Note: If the .NET Framework is not present on the server, it is installed at this time.
- Click Finish.