DHCPv6 High Availability allows you to configure two DHCPv6 servers as a high availability pair.
Each server will automatically be assigned half of each range for every deployed network, providing service to the same clients. There's no interruption to DHCPv6 service in case of server failure.
- Available on standalone servers and xHA pairs.
- DHCPv6 servers are mutually independent and can be placed into geographically dispersed locations.
- No synchronization of leases.
- Reduces inter-server traffic and complexity.
- Clients are guaranteed addresses on the same network, but not the same address.