OPTIONAL - When configuring DNS forwarding using DNS options, you can define the DNS forwarding policy to set the forwarding behavior.
Once set, the Forwarding Policy instructs the DNS server how to forward DNS queries, either through the Forward first, or Forward only methods. This is optional.
Note: If you do not define a Forwarding Policy deployment option, the Forward first method is used by default.
To define the Forwarding Policy DNS deployment option:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the DNS tab or the IP Space tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the DNS tab or IP Space tab again to ensure you are working with the Configuration information page.
- Navigate to the level at which you want to set a DNS deployment option and click the Deployment Options tab. Deployment Options tabs appear at the configuration, view, zone, IP block, and IP network levels.
- Under Deployment Options, click New and select DNS Option.
- From the Option list, select Forwarding Policy.
- From the Specify list, select first or only.
- Click Add.