How to deploy primary zones.
If a zone has been assigned the primary deployment role, it is deployed to Windows as a standard primary zone.
Note: A primary zone is not deployed if all of the following conditions are true:
- The primary zone is empty in the Address Manager user interface (it does not contain resource records).
- The primary zone has not been managed (imported or deployed) by the DDW server.
- The same name primary zone already exists on the target Windows server.
- The existing zone has records (other than SOA and NS records) shown on the MMC console.
To assign a primary deployment role:
- Click the zone name.
- Click the Deployment Roles tab.
- Click New, then select DNS Role.
- From the Type drop-down menu, select Master.
- Under Server Interfaces, click Select Server Interface. The Select Server Interface page opens.
- Click the server to which you want to assign the role. The Server Interfaces section opens.
- Click the server interface to which you want to assign the role, then click Add.
- Click Add to add the deployment role and return to the DNS Zone tab, or click Add Next to add another deployment option.