How to perform a data deployment from Address Manager to Managed Windows servers.
A full deployment will force Address Manager to deploy all data. You can choose to deploy DNS and/or DHCP data.
Note: Currently, an issue exists related to deployment to a managed Windows DHCP Server in Read-Write mode without a deployment role.
- Expected result: With no deployment role assigned, deployment should immediately fail with a relevant warning message to the user about the lack of a deployment role.
- Actual result: Address Manager continually attempts to deploy to the managed Windows DHCP Server, with various log error messages on the DDW server and "DHCP[Failed]" in the Address Manager user interface.
To perform a deployment:
- Select the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the Servers tab again to ensure you are working with the Configuration information page.
- Under Servers, select the check box for one or more servers.
- Click Action and select Deploy. The Confirm Server Deploy page opens.
- Under Confirm Server Deploy, review the list of servers to be updated.
- Under Services, select the services to be deployed to the server: DNS and/or DHCP.
- Under Change Control, add comments to describe your changes. By default, this step is optional but might be set as a requirement.
Note: For instructions on how to view the status of all active deployments, refer to Tracking deployment.