BlueCat DNS Service features support for an increased number of automatically created empty DNS zones. These automatically created empty zones prevent the unnecessary attempted recursive resolution of non-Internet ARPA zones.
Customers wishing to disable one or all of these automatically created DNS zones can do so using DNS Raw Options in Address Manager( ).
To disable empty DNS zones:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the DNS tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Under Deployment Options, click New and select DNS Raw Option.
Under Value, enter either of the following in the
Raw Data field:
Note: Use the ‘disable one zone’ option multiple times with appropriate zone names to disable multiple zones.
- To disable all empty
- To disable one empty
disable-empty zone "<zone>";
- To disable all empty zones:
Servers, select the servers to which the option
Note: You cannot override deployment options set at the Configuration level from the Server Group level if the deployment option is applied to a specific server within a Server Group.
- All Servers—applies the deployment option to all servers in the configuration.
- Server Group—applies the deployment option to a specific server group in the configuration. Select a server group from the drop-down menu.
- Specific Server—applies the deployment option to a specific server in the configuration. Select a server from the drop-down menu.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Add, or click Add Next to add another deployment option.