Change the server name, Read-only mode settings, linked DDW server, server authentication credentials, DNS and DHCP availability, and import schedule settings of a Managed Windows server.
To edit a Managed Windows server:
- Select the My IPAM tab. From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the Servers tab again to ensure you are working with the Configuration information page.
- Under Servers, click a Managed Windows server. The server’s Details tab opens.
- Click the server name and select Edit. The Edit Server page opens.
Under Server, complete the following:
- Profile—select Managed Windows Server from the drop-down menu.
- Name—edit the name of the server. This name is used only in the Address Manager user interface and is not associated with deployed DNS data.
- IPv4 Address—edit the IPv4 address assigned to the server.
- Location—(Optional) select a location from the drop-down menu on which the server object that you are adding or editing will be based. The most often used location objects will be shown at the top of the list followed by all other lists in alphabetical order.
- Read-Only mode enabled—deselect this check box to
enable read-write mode, or leave the check box selected to maintain the
server in read-only mode.Attention: Windows servers should be added in Read-Only mode in order to import data properly. Once the Windows server is added to Address Manager and the data has been imported and sent via notification to Address Manager, change the Windows server to Read-Write mode and deploy. For more details, refer to Changing a Managed Windows Server to Read-Write Mode.
Under DDW Server, select a DDW server from the drop-down
Note: In some situations, you might need to move a Managed Windows server to a different DDW server. For example, if the original DDW server is not working, and you need to create a new server. After you create the new DDW server, you must link the Managed Windows server to the new DDW server.
Under Server Authentication Credentials, select the
Inherit authentication credentials from linked Proteus
DDW check box.
Note: If you want to use unique credentials for the Managed Windows server, deselect the Inherit authentication credentials from linked Proteus DDW check box, and then enter the Domain name, User name and Password. The domain name must be the domain name of the Windows Active Directory domain to which this server belongs. If the server is not a member of a domain, enter the server’s NETBIOS computer name.
Under DNS and DHCP Availability, set the following DNS
and DHCP service options:
Attention: If DHCP Enabled is initially deselected for a Managed Windows Server and is later enabled by editing the Managed Windows Server object, DHCP Import from the Managed Windows Server will function normally, but DHCP lease notifications from the Managed Windows Server will not be sent to Address Manager. To resolve this issue, restart the Address Manager DNS and DHCP Manager service on the DDW server.
- Select DNS Enabled if the Windows server provides or will provide DNS services. When you manage Windows DNS from Address Manager, you must select a DNS view. All DNS data from the Windows server is imported into this view, and only DNS records contained in this view are deployed. If your configuration does not yet contain a view, or if you want to add a different view, select the Enter View Name option, and then enter a name for the view.
- Select DHCP Enabled if the Windows server provides DHCP services.
Optional: You can create a schedule for data imports from Managed
Windows servers. Under Import Schedule, select the
Enable import Schedule check box, and then set the
Note: When a Managed Windows server is in Read-Write mode, the Import Schedule section of the Add Server and Edit Server pages is not available and the following message appears: Import schedule functionality is available only in Read-Only mode.
- Start Time—enter the start time in these fields and select AM or PM.
- Start Date—enter a date in the format DD MMM YYYY (for example, type 10 Aug 2015 for August 10 2015), or click the calendar button to select a date.
- Frequency—to import data just once at the specified time and date, select Once. To import data at a regular interval, select Every, enter a value in the text field, and then select a time interval from the drop-down menu.
- Under Change Control, add comments to describe your changes. By default, this step is optional but might be set as a requirement.
- Click Add. The server is added to the Address Manager configuration.