How to edit general options for an SRV record previously created in Address Manager.
To edit a service record:
- Select the DNS tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Under DNS Views, click a DNS view.
- Under Top Level Domains, navigate to the top level domain, DNS zone, or DNS sub-zone where you want to add or edit a resource record.
- Click the Resource Records tab.
- Under Resource Records, click the SRV record that you wish to edit.
- Click the SRV record name menu and select Edit.
General, set the following
- Priority—enter a value to indicate the priority of the host. Lower values here indicate higher preference.
- Port—enter a value to indicate the port on which the service is found.
- Weight—enter a value to indicate the relative weight for a host. This value is considered when hosts have the same Priority value.
- Change Record—to change the host record, click the Change Record link. The Host field and External Host check box appear. Select a host record from the drop-down menu. To specify an external host, enter the name of the host and select External Host.
- Override TTL—to change the time-to-live value for the record, select this option and enter a value in the field. Select a unit of time from the drop-down menu.
- Under Additional Information, enter notes describing the resource record in the Comments field.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Update.