If you are enabling the service point on multiple DNS/DHCP Servers, and prefer that the service points on each DNS/DHCP Server belong to the same Edge Site (therefore enforcing the same policies) using the DNS configuration on its own DNS/DHCP Server to resolve IPv4 DNS queries, perform the following steps:
- On each DNS/DHCP Server, configure the same additional IPv4 address on the loopback interface. This IPv4 address should not be in the 127/8 subnet. BlueCat recommends using the link-local IP address of 169.254.20.20. For more information, refer to Additional IP addresses.
- In the DNS Edge user interface, go to the Sites tab, then select the site where you want to enable the service point.
- Select the Namespace attached to the site and click Edit.
- In the configuration page of the Namespace, expand the Forwarding section, then in the Forwarders field, add the previously configured IPv4 address
- On each DNS/DHCP Server, enable the service point by following the steps in Configuring a DNS Edge service point. Enable each service point with the same Customer Instance URL and the same Site ID identifying the Site previously configured in steps 2 - 5.