Monitoring for managed DNS/DHCP Servers can be configured and enabled on the Monitoring Service Management page and on the configuration Details tab.
Note: You must be an administrator to enable the DNS/DHCP Server Monitoring service.
To enable the DNS/DHCP monitoring service:
- Select the Administration tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Administration page.
- Under Network, click Monitoring Service Management.
- Under BlueCat DNS/DHCP Server Monitoring Service, click Edit Monitoring Parameters.
Under Polling Interval Time, set the polling
- Interval Time—how frequently the monitoring service polls the server. Enter a value in the field and select Seconds, Minutes, Hours, or Days from the drop-down menu. The minimum interval is 30 seconds.
Under Failure Detection Count, set the failure detection
- Failure Detection Count—the number of consecutive failures permitted before a problem affects the monitoring statistics. When set to 1, every interruption in a service affects the monitoring statistics. When set to a higher value, temporary service fluctuations do not affect the monitoring statistics; in effect, the temporary failures are ignored. Enter a value in the field between 1 and 2,147,483,647. The default value is 2.
Under Server Status Refresh Time, set the refresh
- Refresh Time—the interval at which Address Manager updates monitoring information in the web interface. Enter a value in the field and select Seconds, Minutes, Hours, or Days from the drop-down menu.
- Click Update to save your changes and return to the Monitoring Service Management page.
- Under BlueCat DNS/DHCP Server Monitoring Service, click Enable.