Enabling a DNS Edge service point consists of the following steps:
- Once you click Update on the Service Point Configuration page, the DNS service on the DNS/DHCP Server, if configured, will be unavailable momentarily and will resume shortly. The DNS/DHCP server's non-DNS functions remain entirely unaffected. BlueCat strongly recommends scheduling a maintenance window during non-peak times to minimize the effects of the DNS service interruption.
- Once the service point is initialized, the DNS/DHCP Server's roles and functions will remain unaffected.
- To complete the configuration of the service point, you must direct the DNS client traffic to the service point.
- The service point can be configured successfully on a DNS/DHCP Server with or without the NIC bonding setting.
- When you enable the service point on DNS/DHCP Server, you can use BlueCat Threat Protection domain lists to protect against malicious DNS activity. For more information, refer to Domain lists.