By default the login security policy is disabled. Administrators must enable the policy to enforce the new rules.
To enable a login policy:
- Click the Administration tab. Tabs remember the page on which you last worked, so click the Administration tab again to ensure you are working on the Administration page.
- Under User Management, click User Security. The User Security page opens.
- Under Login Policy Management, select the Enable Custom Login Policy check box. All login policy management rules are displayed.
Set the following rules based on your needs:
- Login Failure Limit—specify the limit for failed login attempts in Address Manager. The default value is set to 5.
- Login Failure Limit Timespan—specify the timespan for the login failure limit. The default is set to 5 minutes.
- Account Delay Duration—specify the account delay duration in minutes. If the login failure limit has been exceeded within the specified login failure limit timespan, the user's account will be suspended. The default value is set to 30 minutes.
- Under Change Control, add comments to describe your change. By default, this step is optional but might be set as a requirement.
- Click Update.
The newly configured login security policy rules are in effect.