How to set a scheduled archive and purge operation.
Set a scheduled archive and purge operation.
Warning: When performing an archive and purge operation with a value set in months, the transaction history information is NOT archived. Information is archived only when running an archive and purge operation with a value set in days. Use caution when performing this operation.
Important: BlueCat strongly recommends performing a database backup before running the archive and purge function. For details, refer to Database backup.
To enable the scheduled database archive and purge:
- Select the Administration tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Administration page.
- Under Database Management, click Database Management.
- Click History Archive and Purge.
- Click the History Archive and Purge menu and select Schedule.
Under Data to Archive and Purge, set the following
- Enable—select this check box to enable archive and purge operations; deselect this check box to disable archive and purge operations.
- Daily—select this radio button to schedule archive and purge operations on a daily basis.
- Monthly—select this radio button to schedule
archive and purge operations on a monthly basis.Important: When the Monthly archive and purge operation is scheduled, the operation is performed on the first day of the month.
- Keep history for—enter a value for the number of
days or months of transaction history information to keep after the
archive and purge operation. Valid values range from 1 to
3650 days or 0 to 120 months.Note:
Attention: Any transaction history information that has been created past the retention period by an active user session, will not be archived and purged. For example, if a user session has created transaction history information on October 27, and you run an archive and purge operation on November 1 with a value of 0 months or 2 days while the user session is still active, the information created by the active user session is not archived and purged.
- Setting this value to 5 days means that the most recent five days of transaction history information will remain in the database after the archive and purge operation, plus the transaction history information from the day that the operation is run. Events that occurred before the five day period are archived and purged. For example, if the operation was run on November 15, the only transaction history information that would remain after the archive and purge operation would be from November 10 to November 14, plus the transaction history information on November 15.
- Setting this value to 0 months means that the transaction history information for the current month will remain in the database after the archive and purge operation. For example, if the operation was run on November 15, the only transaction history information that would remain after the purge operation would be from November 1 to November 15.
- Hour and minute fields—set the time for the archive and purge operation in the hour and minute fields.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click OK.