Import DNS records from DNS zone.
After creating a DNS zone in Address Manager, you can import data to the zone from a different server. The zone data is translated into the Address Manager DNS format. When importing records, the corresponding network containing the address must exist. Otherwise, this record is dropped. Also, records that link to records that cannot be found are linked to the parent view as external hosts.
Note: The external DNS server hosting the zone needs to allow zone transfers to the IP address of the Address Manager server.
Note: The following procedure is not used for importing from a Windows server. For more information on importing from a Windows server, refer to Importing Windows DNS data into Address Manager.
To import zone data:
- From a configuration, create a DNS view. For instructions on creating a DNS view, refer to Adding and editing DNS Views.
- Create a DNS zone for the zone to be imported. For instructions on creating a DNS zone, refer to Adding DNS Zones.
- Navigate to the DNS zone you just created and click the Resource Records tab.
- Under Resource Records, click Action and select Import.
- Under General, enter the IP address for the DNS zone from which you want to import data in the Server Address field. The IP address must be accessible, the DNS zone must exist at the address, and the zone must allow zone transfers.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Import.
Review the zone data to verify that all records and sub-zones imported successfully.