DNS deployment options can be set at various points of the configuration including the configuration, view, and zone levels. Options set at the configuration level are inherited by all views and zones within that configuration.
Options set at the view level are inherited by all zones under that specific view. By default, options set at the zone level apply to that zone and are inherited by all child zones of that zone, unless the options are overridden. When DNS option inheritance is disabled, options attached to a zone apply only to the specific zone itself. Both DNS and DHCP options can be set at the configuration level whereas only DNS options and SOA records can be configured at the view level and below.
To add DNS deployment options:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the DNS tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Navigate to the level at which you want to set a DNS deployment option and click the Deployment Options tab. Deployment Options tabs appear at the configuration, view, zone, IP block, and IP network levels.
- Under Deployment Options, click New and select DNS Option.
Under General, select the option and set its
- Option—select a DNS client deployment option from the drop-down menu. When an option is selected, parameter fields for the option appear.
Servers, select the servers to which the option
- All Servers—applies the deployment option to all servers in the configuration.
- Server Group—applies the deployment option to a specific server group in the configuration. Select a server group from the drop-down menu.
- Specific Server—applies the deployment option to a specific server in the configuration. Select a server from the drop-down menu.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Add.