The Event List provides a record of system events and activity on Address Manager. Access to the Event List is restricted to Address Manager administration and is available from the Administration tab (Administration>Tracking>Event List).
The Event List logs events generated by the Deployment, Data Check, DHCP Alert, Migration, Database Maintenance, IP Reconciliation, Monitoring, and Workflow services, as well as events generated by the Address Manager application itself. An Event List includes start and end times for all deployments, as well as deployment duration.
- Application—events related to the operation of the Address Manager software.
- Deployment Service—events related to deploying data to servers managed by
Address Manager.Note: When deploying DNS or DHCP configurations to Windows servers managed by Address Manager, the deployment may succeed with a warning. Currently, the Address Manager user interface does not provide detailed information about this warning.
In order to view the information regarding deployment with warnings, you can either configure a notification group to receive an e-mail notification with detailed information, or you can view the managed Windows Server log, which contains the detailed information, in Address Manager.
When configuring the notification group, you need to subscribe to the Deployment Service event level and have the Warning check box selected.
- Data Check Service—events related to the Data Checker service as it reviews data within configurations.
- DHCP Alert Service—events triggered by the DHCP Alert
Settings.Note: If you are using a Shared Network in DHCP, a DHCP Alert notification for all networks inside the Shared Network will be sent as a single entity notification using the DHCP Alert set at the configuration level. DHCP Alerts for each individual network within any Shared Network will also be sent only if object-specific DHCP Alerts are set at the network or DHCPv4 range level.
- Migration Service—events related to migrating information into Address Manager.
- Database Maintenance Service—events related to the Database Replication, History Archive and Purge, Database Cleaner, Database Re-index, and Transaction History Writing functions.
- IP Reconciliation Service—events related to the reconciliation of IP addresses through the IP Reconciliation function.
- Monitoring Service—events related to the servers managed by Address Manager through the service.
- Workflow—events related to workflow requests and approvals.
- XHA—events related to the function of servers in an xHA pair.
- DNSSEC Auto Generate Key Service—events related to the automatic generation of DNSSEC Zone Signing Keys and Key Signing Keys.
- Windows Import Service—events related to importing data from Windows servers.
- Notification Service—events related to notifications.
- Report Schedule—events related to scheduled reports.
- Update—events related to updates in Address Manager.
- Deployment Data Validation Service—events related to the validation for DNS and DHCP deployment services.
- Datamining Service—events related to datamining services.
|Indicates a successfully completed event.|
|Indicates an informational item.|
|Indicates an error condition.|
|Indicates a warning condition.|